The First one is always special when it comes to your baby then it becomes more special whether it’s the first step or first teeth or anything else. Your baby’s first teeth will start to appear in between 4 and 10 months. Sometimes, teething in babies can be uncomfortable and may make them a bit cranky and bad-tempered. But chilled teething ring to chew and lots of love should help.
(People Also Like To Read: Pregnancy in Diabetes: How To Deal With It?)
About Teething in Babies:
- Teething does not start at the same time in all babies.
- Generally, babies start teething around at the age of 6 months and all 20 teeth (10 in each jaw) come in by 2 to 3 years.
- Nothing to worry if your baby’s teeth come in at different times.
What are the Symptoms of Teething in Babies?
These are the normal symptoms of teething:
- Trouble sleeping
- Loss of appetite
- Drooling more than usual
If these symptoms occur in your baby, and he/she become cranky and uncomfortable then you need to go to the pediatrician:
How to Soothe a Teething in Babies?
There are many ways to soothe your baby while teething and relieve the discomfort. Let us help you with some handy tips.
- Clean your hands and rub your baby’s gums gently.
- Give your baby a cold teether, dummy, spoon or wet facecloth.
- Give your baby something which is firm to suck, like a sugar-free rusk.
- For children older than 1 year, provide them with softer foods for a while so they don’t have to chew it.
(You Might Also Like To Read: Know The Signs of Vision Problems in a Baby!)
Things to Avoid During Teething in Babies:
- Teething gels, since they can harm your baby if they swallow too much of them.
- Amber teething beads, because it can break into parts and your baby can choke.
- Homeopathic teething tablets.
Teething Pain Relief for Infants:
There are some over-the-counter pain relief medicines for teething that you can give to your baby. Ibuprofen, Acetaminophen, or Advil can help your baby deal with the pain, Motrin for children can also help to relieve the pain. It is always recommended to consult your doctor before you using these medicines. Also, there are some home remedies for teething as well which can take some stress out of this pain.
- Give your baby a diet that protects him from inflammation. A can include the variety of fresh fruits and vegetables in your babies diet.
- Ensure that your baby gets sufficient rest. A baby who eats healthy and sleeps well is better equipped to manage the phase of teething.
- Make sure that your baby’s immune system is strong. Include vitamin D supplements to your baby’s diet after checking with your pediatrician
- Continue breastfeeding
- You can even give them natural solid wood toys for gnawing.
Teething in babies, it is an important time for the babies as well as the parents. The changes start to happen in babies, they become cranky and moody. The best way to make your baby comfortable is to love them a lot and if you still find them uneasy or uncomfortable then consult your pediatrician as soon as possible.
(People Also Like To Read: Everything About Child Care: Daycare Safety Checklist)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a complete healthcare marketplace, where you can Book Appointment With Doctors, Get Online Consultation, Order Medicines Online, and Get hassle-free doorstep delivery within 4 hours. You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.