Bringing a new life into this world is not an easy task. Sometimes you supposed to feel panic, frustrated, and even depressed and it is ok. But, if stress during pregnancy increases, it will be a sign of worry not only for you but also for little one which is supposed to come soon.
There are a lot of changes happen during the pregnancy like increased hormones, backaches and morning sickness. Due to all these changes, one is likely to feel stress. Well, Some amount of stress during pregnancy is normal, just like during other times of life. But if it becomes constant, then it will affect you and your baby as well and it would be lasting.
(People May Like To Read This: Want to Lose Weight? Have This Before You Sleep!!)
What Are The Causes Of Stress During Pregnancy?
Body changes like physical and hormonal are the most common cause of stress while pregnant, some other causes include:
- Waiting for the results of your antenatal tests
- Previous negative experiences with a pregnancy, birth or motherhood such as a miscarriage or death of a baby
- Having unplanned pregnancy
- Physical changes of pregnancy
- Complicated pregnancy
- Being a single parent and worried about how to cope with it.
- Difficulties in your personal relationship
- Overloaded with advice from other people
- Financial difficulties
- Shifting house
- Job changes
- Grief, like a death in the family
- Alcohol problems
- Depression or some other mental illness
How Can Stress During Pregnancy can affect Me?
Chronic Stress can affect your health or wellbeing, and can include experiencing:
- Problems sleeping
- Fast breathing and a racing pulse
- obsessive thoughts
- Worry or anxiety
- Eating problems (too much or too little food)
- Trouble relaxing or winding down
( You Might Like To Read This: How to Survive Pregnancy Insomnia?)
How Can Stress During Pregnancy Affect My Baby?
Chronic stress can cause health issues for your baby. It can affect your baby’s growth and the duration of pregnancy. This can also lead the risk of babies physical and mental development, as well as behavioral issues in babies.
10 Tips to Reduce Stress During Pregnancy?
1. Find out what’s making you stressed and talk to your partner, a friend or your health care provider about it as much you can.
2. Discomforts of pregnancy are only temporary. Ask your doctor how to handle these discomforts.
3. Try and stay healthy and fit. Eat healthy foods, get plenty of sleep and exercise after consulting your doctor. Exercise can help you reduce stress and also helps prevent common pregnancy discomforts.
4. Cut back on activities you don’t need to do.
5. Have a good support network, including your partner, family and friends. Ask your provider about resources in the community that may be able to help.
6. Ask for help from people you trust. Accept help when they offer. For example, you may need help cleaning the house, or you may want someone to go with you to your prenatal visits.
8. Get childbirth education then you know what expected during pregnancy and when actually your baby arrives. Do the breathing and relaxation techniques.
9. If you’re working, plan ahead to help you and your employer get ready for your time away from work.
10. If you are feeling depressed, talk to your doctor right away. There are different ways to deal with depression. Getting treatment and counseling will help.
Well, Stress is common and not a big deal to worry, until it is for short amount of time, but whenever it increases it is a risk for you whether you are pregnant or not. for a long time, stress during pregnancy is harmful to you as well for your baby. If you are feeling such try these tips and don’t forget to consult your doctor. So, Don’t be stressed, be cheerfull and enjoy pregnancy.
(People May Like To Read This: Facts About Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS))GoMedii is a complete healthcare marketplace, where you can Book Appointment With Doctors, Get Online Consultation, Order Medicines Online, and Get hassle-free doorstep delivery within 4 hours. You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.