Period End of Sentence, a film based on menstruation, won the Oscar for Best Documentary Short at the 91st Academy Awards on Monday. It is a documentary of 25-minutes that fights stigmas surrounding menstruation in rural India. Directed by the Iranian-American director Rayka Zehtabchi, and co-produced by Indian film producer Guneet Monga, who is also the producer of Masaan and Lunchbox.
(People Also Like To Read:Â Endometriosis Awareness Month 2019: Ways to Raise Awareness)
Film Period End of Sentence was created by Oakwood High School students, who had also founded â€˜The Pad Project, a non-profit organization, with the aim to fight the stigma of menstruation, starting in a rural village of India.
The short film follows women in Hapur, Uttar Pradesh, while they learn the use of a machine that produces low-cost sanitary pads, which they re-sell to other women under the brand FLY. Through the documentary, the makers of the film ‘Period End of Sentence’ attempt to make menstruation a taboo-free subject, which will help improve the hygiene and health of female as a whole.
What you Should know about The Periods?
It is the part of the female menstrual cycle; a woman bleeds from her vagina for 3-5 days. Basically, the menstrual cycle is the procedure of your body to prepare for a possible pregnancy every month. You must ensure that you have a period if youâ€™re not pregnant. It is said that every woman experience around 450 periods during their lifespan.
- Generally, a period happens after every 28th days or so, but it can start sooner or later too, varying from day 21 to day 40.
- Itâ€™s natural for girls to get periods, at the beginning of age 12. Well, some girls will start them later as well. According to the NHS, most girls will have regular periods around the age of 16 to 18.
- The main types of sanitary products used to collect or absorb the blood during the period are sanitary pads, tampons, menstrual cups.
- Changes in your periods can occur, ranging from getting lighter to lasting longer. And it is not always necessarily mean that thereâ€™s a problem, or you need to get it checked by a doctor.
- Your periods should continue until you reach the menopause, the process through which a woman ceases to be fertile or menstruate. Menopause usually occurs when you are in your late 40s to mid-50s.
(You Might Also Like To Read:Â All About Root Canal Treatment: Expert Advice)
Image Source: The News Minute
GoMedii is All-in-One integrated Technology platform which helps to better manage chronic illnesses, prescription management & creates a continuum of care with a patient-centric approach under the supervision of Doctor & healthcare experts. The Technology platform enables various stakeholders (Patients, Doctor, Pharmacy, Diagnostics, Healthcare experts) to work as a unit for a better patient outcome with 1 stop solution of medicines, lab services, nutrition advice & products, Lifestyle coaching, and clinical counseling. GoMedii platform also enables the Doctor to overview a larger section of his patients.
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a complete healthcare marketplace, where you can Book Appointment With Doctors, Get Online Consultation, Order Medicines Online, and Get hassle-free doorstep delivery within 4 hours. You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.