Every year on 2nd of December, the National Pollution Control Day is celebrated in India in order to give memorialize and honor the thousands of people who died because of the Bhopal gas calamity.
What are the Objectives of National Pollution Control Day 2018?
There are three main objectives of the National Pollution Control Day 2018 including;
- Spreading awareness regarding how to control and manage industrial disasters.
- Preventing the pollution created by human or industrial processes.
- Making industries and people aware of the importance of pollution control acts.
What are the Initiatives Taken by Indian Government to Control Pollution on National Pollution Control Day 2018?
Following are some of the initiatives regarding National Pollution Control Day 2018 that are taken by the Indian government to control pollution including;
- Urban wastewater reuse and treatment project.
- Scientific treatment of solid waste and management.
- Reduce the generation of waste.
- Sewage treatment facility.
- Reuse of waste as well as producing energy from the waste.
- Making biomedical waste treatment facility
- Making electronic waste treatment facility
- Doing water supply projects
- Getting resources recovery project
- Using energy saving projects
- Having hazardous waste management in urbanized areas
- Several projects on the Clean Development Mechanism
There are numerous other efforts as well taken by the different state government on making the pollution controlling policies, proper implementation of these rules and all the preventive measures of pollution are important. Industries are the first who must follow all the rules that are made to reduce or control the pollution.
What are the Different Diseased Caused Due to Pollution?
Diseases that are caused by pollution, lead to about 8.4 million deaths each year. There are so many different types of pollution-related diseases, those caused by air pollution, water pollution, contaminated soil, and lacking water, sanitation, and hygiene.
1. Diseases Caused Due to Air Pollution:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Lung cancer
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Acute lower respiratory infections in children
2. Diseases Caused Due to Water Pollution:
- Buruli ulcer
- Typhoid fever
3. Diseases Caused Due to Sanitation and Hygiene:
- Lymphatic filariasis
- Soil-transmitted helminthiasis
- Dermatophytosis (ringworm)
4. Diseases Caused Due to Vector-Borne:
GoMedii is All-in-One integrated Technology platform which helps to better manage chronic illnesses, prescription management & creates a continuum of care with a patient-centric approach under the supervision of Doctor & healthcare experts. The Technology platform enables various stakeholders (Patients, Doctor, Pharmacy, Diagnostics, Healthcare experts) to work as a unit for a better patient outcome with 1 stop solution of medicines, lab services, nutrition advice & products, Lifestyle coaching, and clinical counseling. GoMedii platform also enables the Doctor to overview a larger section of his patients.
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a complete healthcare marketplace, where you can Book Appointment With Doctors, Get Online Consultation, Order Medicines Online, and Get hassle-free doorstep delivery within 4 hours. You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.