The National Influenza Vaccination Week 2018 is observed every year from December 2-8. The National Influenza Vaccination Week (NIVW) is a national awareness week centered on highlighting the importance of influenza vaccination.
(People Also Like To Read: Hypokalemia: Signs of Potassium Deficiency)
Well, the National Influenza Vaccination Week 2018 provides an opportunity for health care professionals, public health professionals, communities, and families from across the world to work together to support flu vaccination. Flu seasons are unpredictable so it is important to have influenza vaccination before falling ill.
What is the Significance of National Influenza Vaccination Week 2018?
There are of National Influenza Vaccination Week 2018 including;
- The National Influenza Vaccination Week works on the moto to protect as many people as possible from flu viruses which are spreading and causing illness, vaccination should continue throughout the flu season.
- Vaccination should continue through the holiday season.
- Getting vaccinated later also beneficial and should be done before flu begins spreading in your community.
- Vaccination or flu vaccine protects against different flu viruses (depending on the type of flu vaccine you get).
What are the Important Things to Practice for Good Health Habits?
Following are some of the good things that actually helps in practicing for good health habits including;
- Sneeze or a cough into a tissue or handkerchief.
- Wash your hands often with water and soap or you can use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Do not touch your eyes, mouth, and nose when you have an infection.
- Try to avoid close contact with those people who are sick.
- Always try to stay at home when you are not well and do not return to work or school until you have been disease-free without medication for at least 24-hours.
(You Might Also Like To Read: Top 5 Food Supplements Contain Dangerous Ingredients)
What are the Benefits of Influenza Vaccination?
There are several benefits of flu vaccine including;
- Influenza vaccination can keep you away from getting sick with flu.
- Flu vaccination helps prevent serious medical events associated with some chronic conditions.
- Flu vaccination has been associated with lower rates of some cardiac events among people with heart disease, especially among those who had a past history of the cardiac event.
- Influenza vaccination also associated with reduced hospitalizations among people with chronic lung disease and diabetes.
- This vaccination also helps in protecting women during and after pregnancy.
- A flu vaccine can be life-saving in children.
- Flu vaccination can reduce a child’s risk of dying from the flu.
- Influenza vaccination also helps in reducing the severity of illness in people who are vaccinated but still get sick.
(People Also Like To Read: 10 Major Reasons Why Sometimes Vaccines Don’t Work? Especially in Babies)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a complete healthcare marketplace, where you can Book Appointment With Doctors, Get Online Consultation, Order Medicines Online, and Get hassle-free doorstep delivery within 4 hours. You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.