(People Also Like To Read:Â Why All Medicines Have Side Effects? Curious!!)
Everyone knows that we should wash hands – but do they know the health risk associated with not washing hands?
But with this platform, we believe that communication is the key to encouraging the right behavior among us. The right type of communication could help in providing awareness regarding hand hygiene.
So here are a few useful tips for that comes under the hand washing awareness campaign on the occasion of National Handwashing Awareness Week 2018;
- Always remember to wash your hands when they are dirty as well as before eating.
- Do not cough or sneeze into your hands.
- Do not put your hands into your eyes, mouth, and ears.
- Help in offering knowledge to everyone regarding the health risks associated with poor hand hygiene.
Why Hand Hygiene is Important?
Simply dirty hands are the quickest mode of spreading germs and causes sickness.
We all use our hands to touch everything around us, throughout the day. Lots of things have contaminants that are finding their way onto your hands such as when you handle raw meats, grab a doorknob, work at your office desk or touch a dirty sponge.
When it comes to picking up bacteria or germs on your hands, this can happen on just about any surface. And, when it does, youâ€™re at risk for contracting foodborne illnesses from pathogens such as Listeria and E. coli, along with other flu viruses, respiratory, colds, and diarrheal illness.
You can take time to wash your hands frequently, properly, and thoroughly with first-line defense against foodborne illness and other sicknesses.
(You Might Also Like To Read:Â Know More About Office Stretches)
How do I Properly Wash My Hands?
For effective hand washing, you can follow these steps:
- Wet your hands thoroughly with water.
- Use soap and lather very well.
- Scrub your hands, between fingers, backs of hands, wrists, and forearms with soap for at least 10-15 seconds.
- Scrub under your nails as well.
- Rinse completely under clean, running water.
- Dry your hands with an air dryer or a towel.
- Avoid touching dirty surfaces.
When Should I Wash My Hands?
You should always go and wash your hands when;
- Your hands are visibly soiled.
- After using washrooms.
- After sneezing on your hands.
- After touching raw meat, fish, or poultry.
- After handling garbage or touching surfaces such as cleaning cloths and garbage bins.
- Caring or visiting for sick people.
- Before taking medications.
- After contact with blood or body fluids such as saliva or vomiting.
- Before removing and inserting eye contact lenses.
- Handling pets and animals.
(People Also Like To Read:Â Breast Cancer Awareness Facts)
GoMedii is All-in-One integrated Technology platform which helps to better manage chronic illnesses, prescription management & creates a continuum of care with a patient-centric approach under the supervision of Doctor & healthcare experts. The Technology platform enables various stakeholders (Patients, Doctor, Pharmacy, Diagnostics, Healthcare experts) to work as a unit for a better patient outcome with 1 stop solution of medicines, lab services, nutrition advice & products, Lifestyle coaching, and clinical counseling. GoMedii platform also enables the Doctor to overview a larger section of his patients.
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a complete healthcare marketplace, where you can Book Appointment With Doctors, Get Online Consultation, Order Medicines Online, and Get hassle-free doorstep delivery within 4 hours. You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.