National Girl Child Day is celebrated every year in the month of January for spreading awareness in favor of health and education of female children. This day was dedicated to the girl child or daughter to support the equity and equality in regard to farther opportunities that a youngster encounters.
( People Also Like to Read This: Tips for Festive Season: Being Healthy During Diwali )
January 24 has been picked up as the official date for celebrating the honor of receiving a daughter and raising them in the most righteous manner. The National Girl Child Day began as a mission towards increasing the development by Government of India. The mission focuses towards raising the awareness for the girl child to boost morals and contribute in sake development.
National Girl Child Day 2019 Theme:
This year girl child day in India is been recognized on the day of 24 January with the theme of “Empowering girl child for a Brighter Future”. A variety of programmes and events are organized in several parts of the country to raise awareness through poster, flyers or speeches or discussions.
In fact, many celebrities such as Shahid Kapoor, Sunil Shetty, Raina, and Shikhar Dhawan shared the picture with their daughters today to raise awareness and spread the word of affection towards their daughter child. Moreover, Prime Minister Narendra Modi was seen at government schools with girls, interacting and acknowledging them.
Health Tips for Girl Child:
The female child faces a lot of dramatic and traumatic changes in their body physically as well as mentally. So, it is quite necessary to put the focus on their health during this particular period of the time. This National Girl Child Day, we have curated a list of health tips to raise your daughter the right way.
(You May Like To Read This: National Influenza Vaccination Week: Influenza Vaccination for Kids )
1. Start the day of your girl child with a healthy breakfast, including all the essential food items such as natural juice items and unprocessed food.
2. Feed her more whole grains such as oats, brown rice, rye, and whole-wheat pasta. Try to eat at least 3 ounces of whole grains each day.
3. Remind her to drink plenty of fluids on the whole day. Avoid sugary drinks and caffeinated items, instead teach her to drink more and more water.
4. Serve small serving in different timings of the day with a variety of food instead of giving large servings thrice a day.
5. Serve more vegetable and fruits as vegetables and fruits are rich with nutrients and minerals.
Keep her Active:
1. This National Girl Child Day, convince your daughter to move more and more. At least indulge her into a physical activity of 30 minutes to 1 hour every day.
2. Be active at home as well along with outdoors. Try convincing your child to help you with household chores such as dusting, vacuuming, dishwashing or cooking.
3. Limit TV, Computer, Mobile Phone and other screen time. This way she will be distracted from being lazy and force herself into physical activities.
( People Also Like to Read This: World Mental Health Day 2018 )
Inequality about girl child is a vast problem which includes many areas like inequality in education, nutrition, legal rights, medical care, protection, honor, child marriage and so many. It is the parent’s duty on the occasion of National Girl Child Day 2019 to empower the daughters of India for a better future.
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a complete healthcare marketplace, where you can Book Appointment With Doctors, Get Online Consultation, Order Medicines Online, and Get hassle-free doorstep delivery within 4 hours. You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.