A study published in the periodical “Progress in Cardiovascular Diseases,” which reveals that the diet which includes plant protein, nuts, fiber, and plant sterols which helps in improving several markers for cardiovascular disease risk such as improvements in blood pressure and reductions in cholesterol level.
With this dietary pattern the low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol decline by 17 percent, while also reducing total body cholesterol, systolic blood pressure, triglycerides, diastolic blood pressure, and C-reactive protein.
In a statement by study authors, Hana Kahleova, Director of Clinical Research at the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine in Washington DC. states that “Previous clinical trials and observational studies have found strong evidence that a plant-based diet can improve heart health. This study demonstrates that certain plant foods are especially effective for lowering cholesterol and boosting our overall cardiovascular health.”
Moreover, the diet that scientist found beneficial has nuts (tree nuts or peanuts), viscous soluble fiber from oats, psyllium, barley, eggplant, apples, oranges, okra or berries, some plant protein from soy products or dietary pulses, and two grams of plant sterols from supplements or plant-sterol enriched products per day.
(People Also Like To Read: Environment Day Gift: India Welcomes 539 New Species in Their Forest Home)
Health Benefits of Peanuts
There are several benefits of peanuts including;
- Peanuts are high in fat.
- A good source of protein.
- They are low in carbs.
- They are an excellent source of various minerals and vitamins such as Biotin, Copper, Vitamin E, and Phosphorus.
- Peanuts contain various bioactive plant compounds and antioxidants like p-Coumaric acid, Isoflavones, and Phytic Acid.
- It helps in weight maintenance.
- It protects against heart disease.
- It contains antinutrients, a substance that impairs the absorption of nutrients and reduces the nutritional value.
(You Might Also Like To Read: 12 Health Benefits and Medicinal Uses of Guava)
Health Benefits Of Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans)
There are several benefits of chickpea including;
- Helps in regulating the blood sugar levels.
- Help in weight loss.
- Boost digestive health.
- Improves heart health.
- Helps in preventing cancer.
- Chickpeas are the great source of proteins.
- Chickpeas are also good sources of magnesium, zinc, iron, and manganese.
- Helps in eliminating wrinkles.
- As it contains beta-carotene which is good for hair fall prevention.
- Improve eye health.
- It supports the pregnancy.
- Chickpea helps in reducing inflammation.
It is cleared that eating a diet that has chickpeas, peanuts, apples and a little number of plant sterols may improve blood pressure and lower cholesterol. So always try to include some amount of chickpeas and peanuts in your diet.
(People Also Like To Read: Common Infections May Double The Risk of Stroke or Heart Disease Than Obesity: Study)GoMedii is a complete healthcare marketplace, where you can Book Appointment With Doctors, Get Online Consultation, Order Medicines Online, and Get hassle-free doorstep delivery within 4 hours. You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.