Nowadays most of the people are able to easily manage their things with the help of digitalization especially older adults. In this busy lifestyle, older people play a major role may it be through volunteer work, transmitting experience and knowledge or even helping their families with responsibilities. Full participation of older persons brings tremendous benefits to all generations.
(People Also Like To Read: Knowledge and Awareness About Diabetes in India)
As people reach old age, the risk of developing long term diseases is higher and it sometimes might also result in disability. This ends up in compromising their ability to lead an independent life. This further weakens their immune system making them more unprotected to diseases.
Dependence on others, cut off from social life and being neglected by family members further deteriorates their condition. In fact, chronic diseases including cardiovascular diseases, diabetes and cancer are predicted to be the main contributors as the major diseases in developing countries.
What are the Common Diseases that Happens to Older Adults?
Most common disease to older adults are:
Osteoarthritis (inflammation of joints), Osteoporosis ( loss of bone ) and fractures.
Dementia, Parkinson’s disease and poor vision or hearing loss of balance.
Loss of teeth, gum disease, poorly fitted dentures.
6. General Disability
The problem of old age should be seen as a societal issue rather than an individual’s problem. Someday, we will all be old and we will face a similar situation as faced by our elders today.
1. Our responsibility to acknowledge older people as a valuable resource
2. Understand their concerns
3. Make them feel loved and care
4. Providing sufficient health care services
(You Might Also Like To Read: Do You Wake Up Tired in the Morning Even After A Full Night’s Sleep?)
Which Age Effects?
Older persons make wide-ranging contributions to economic and social development. However, discrimination and social exclusion persist. We must overcome this bias in order to ensure a socially and economically active, secure and healthy aging population.
If you are over 50-60, you must take proper care of yourself. Remember the following:
1. Understand your health care needs and get your preventive check-up done on a regular basis.
3. Being overweight can cause some serious problems, to develop a moderate exercise routine which can help you to maintain strength, balance, and flexibility. Walking, yoga and meditation can be extremely helpful.
5. Get adequate rest and avoid straining yourself physically.
6. Engage yourself in social and cultural activities. Enjoy yourself with your family and friends.
7. Do not discontinue your prescribed medicines unless advised by the doctor.
So, take advantages of the digital healthcare services provided by the GoMedii. These services include:
- Save and analyze your health records in your health wallet
- Get more aware regarding the health through their healthcare blogs.
Hope, this article definitely helps you in improvising your health strategies and the best way to treat your health queries.
(People Also Like To Read: Sleep Apnea: Know How BiPAP Can make Your Life Easy)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a complete healthcare marketplace, where you can Book Appointment With Doctors, Get Online Consultation, Order Medicines Online, and Get hassle-free doorstep delivery within 4 hours. You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.