Eye strain is a general term used to describe a group of vague symptoms that are related to the eyes. It is a symptom, not an eye disease. You can get eye strain relief easily by making some small changes. Well, we have tips for eye strain relief whether it is caused by working on the computer or reading or anything else.
Eye strain happens when your eyes get tired from continuous use, such as driving for a long period, reading, or working at the computer. If you face any problem due to looking at something for a long period of time is eye strain.
(People May Like To Read This:Eye Strain Tips)
What Causes Eye Strain?
There is the number of things that cause eye strain but the most common are:
- looking continuous at a bright light
Facts of Eye Strain:
- Eye strain describes a group of symptoms which occur in some people after excessive use of the eyes.
- Eye strain can be uncomfortable, but it does not cause any eye damage.
- Excessive use of a computer or poor or bright lighting may cause eye strain, but there are no permanent consequences of this.
What are the Symptoms Of Eye Strain?
Blurringof the vision
- Feelings of dryness
- Other discomforts, but eye strain will not damage your eyes or change their anatomy.
Home Remedies for Effective Eye Strain Relief:
- Adjust the lighting while watching television, and during reading printed materials like books, position the light source behind you and direct the light onto your page or task.
- If you are doing close work, take short breaks and rest your eyes by moving away from the digital screen.
- Limit screen time especially important for children maybe they do not make the difference between longer viewing, eyestrain and the need to rest their eyes regularly.
- Artificial tears can help relieve and prevent dry eyes.
- Improve the air quality of your space by avoiding smoke, adjusting the thermostat to reduce blowing.
- Choose the right eyewear for you consider investing in glasses or contact lenses designed specifically for computer work.
( You Might Like To Read This: Top 5 Tips to Protect Your Eyes at Workplace )
Tip for Eye Strain Relief While Using Computer
1. Take a Comprehensive Eye Exam.
A routine detailed eye exam is the most important thing you can do to prevent or treat computer vision problems. Schedule an eye routine check-up at least once a year.
2. Use Proper Lighting
Eye strain usually caused by excessively bright light whether it is from outdoor sunlight coming or through a window. So while using a computer, your inside lighting should be about half as bright as that typically found in most offices.
3. Minimize Glare
Reflections on your computer screen also can cause computer eye strain, always install an anti-glare screen on your monitor to avoid eye strain.
4. Upgrade Your Display
If you are still using CRT (Cathode Ray Tube), monitor, then replace it with the LCD screen it can cause major eye strain.
5. Adjust your computer display settings
Proper brightness of your computer screen can help reduce eye strain.
6. Blink More Often
It is very important while you are working on a computer, it moistens your eyes to prevent dryness and irritation.
7. 20-20-20 Rule
Follow this rule while working on a computer look away from your computer after every 20 minutes and distant of the object is at least 20 feet away and look around at least 20 seconds.
8. Take Frequent Breaks.
Take frequent breaks during your computer work day, it helps you from eye strain relief, neck, back, and shoulder pain as well.
9. Modify Your Workstation.
If you need to look back and forth between a printed page and your computer screen, this can cause eye strain. Place written pages on a copy stand adjacent to the monitor.
10. Consider Computer Eye Wear
For the comfort at your computer, you get consult your eye care professional and use eyeglasses prescription to create customized computer glasses.
Here we have discussed tips for eye strain relief. It is general and common for all, anyone can use if facing eye stress. Still, you are facing continuous eye issues like blurring or double vision better to consult your doctor might he help you get relief.
(People May Like To Read This: Know the Relation Between Seating Position and Back & Neck Pain)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.