Piles are collections of tissue and vein that become inflamed and swollen. The size of piles can vary, and they are found inside or outside the anus. Piles generally occur due to chronic constipation, lifting heavy weights, chronic diarrhea, pregnancy, or straining while passing a stool. A doctor can usually diagnose piles on examination. Common symptoms of piles are hard in passing stool, redness, and itchiness near the anus. To know more symptoms continue reading the blog:
(People Also Like To Read: 8 Best Foods to Help Prevent Iron Deficiency)
What are the Symptoms of Piles?
In most cases, the symptoms of piles are not serious. These normally resolve on their own within a few days. A person may experience the following symptoms of piles:
- A hard and painful lump can be felt around the anus. It may contain coagulated blood. Piles that contain blood are called thrombosed external hemorrhoids.
- After passing a stool, a person can experience the feeling that the bowels are still full.
- Blood after a bowel movement.
- Itchiness, redness, and sore around the anus.
- Pain occurs during the passing of a stool.
Piles can escalate into a more severe condition. This can include:
- Excessive anal bleeding, also possibly leading to anemia
- Fecal incontinence, or an inability to control bowel movements
- Anal fistula, a condition where a new channel is created between the surface of the skin near the anus and the inside of the anus
- strangulated hemorrhoid
How Can You Classified piles?
Piles can be classified into four grades:
- Grade I: It has small inflammation, usually inside the lining of the anus. It is not visible.
- Grade II: Grade II piles are larger than grade I piles, but also remain inside the anus. They can get pushed out during the passing of stool, but they will return unaided.
- Grade III: These are also called as prolapsed hemorrhoids, and it appears outside the anus. The individual can feel them hanging outside from the rectum, but they can be easily re-inserted.
- Grade IV: These cannot be pushed back by their own and need treatment. They are usually large and remain outside of the anus.
(You Might Also Like To Read: Pus Cells in Urine (Pyuria)- How to cure it?)
What are the Causes of Piles?
Piles are generally caused by increased pressure in the lower rectum.
The blood vessels near the anus and inside the rectum will stretch under pressure and can swell or bulge, forming piles. This may be due to:
- Chronic diarrhea
- Lifting heavy weights
- Straining when passing a stool
- The tendency to develop piles can also be increased with age and inherited.
What are the Treatments for Piles?
Majorly in all cases, piles resolve on their own without any specific need for any treatment. Well, some treatments can help reduce the symptoms and discomfort and itching that many people experience with piles.
- Lifestyle changes: A doctor will initially recommend some lifestyle changes to manage piles.
- Body weight: Losing weight can also help to reduce the incidence and severity of piles.
- Medications: Several medicinal options help to reduce the symptoms more manageable for an individual with piles.
- Surgical options: Around 10 percent of people with piles will end up needing surgery.
(People Also Like To Read: Changeovers for Carnivores: Add More Plants to your Diet)
GoMedii is All-in-One integrated Technology platform which helps to better manage chronic illnesses, prescription management & creates a continuum of care with a patient-centric approach under the supervision of Doctor & healthcare experts. The Technology platform enables various stakeholders (Patients, Doctor, Pharmacy, Diagnostics, Healthcare experts) to work as a unit for a better patient outcome with 1 stop solution of medicines, lab services, nutrition advice & products, Lifestyle coaching, and clinical counseling. GoMedii platform also enables the Doctor to overview a larger section of his patients.
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a complete healthcare marketplace, where you can Book Appointment With Doctors, Get Online Consultation, Order Medicines Online, and Get hassle-free doorstep delivery within 4 hours. You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.