Today, many modern dieticians and diet planners have made a villain out of sugar. They opine that most modern-day lifestyle diseases are caused by intake of sugar. People Also Like: Type of Eating Disorder
However, it is also equally true that the human body cannot function without sugar. Sugar is essential for generating energy in the body and is a part of a healthy and balanced diet. Therefore, you need not stop the intake of sugar completely; rather its intake should be regulated.
Fruits and vegetables already contain natural sugar; therefore, you do not need to intake artificial sugar. Sugar in its natural form is part of all the food items that we consume.
Not only we are getting added sugar from eatable items such as cakes, soda, and candy but it’s also coming from healthier-sounding packaged products like salad dressing, yogurt, and pasta sauce.
Things That Happen When You Stop Eating Sugar:
- Healthy heart: Added sugar chronically increases insulin levels, which further activates the sympathetic nervous system, increasing heart rate and blood pressure.
- You won’t have to borrow your teen’s acne cream- Limiting sugar helps in limiting the acne problem.
- Avoiding or stopping the use of sugar helps in avoiding diabetes.
- You will sleep [People Also Read: Best Posture to Sleep]
- Avoiding the excess use of sugar in the diet promotes the learning and memory in children.
The challenge is to regulate your intake of sugar. Following are some ways to regulate your intake of sugar:
- Educate yourself about the ingredients of the food items that you purchase;
- Completely avoid soda drinks;
- Do food product shopping on a full stomach; this will reduce your
- Keep nature’s sweets such as fruits, berries etc. handy in your refrigerator.
- Avoid dry fruits which contain added sugar;
- Do not buy any food item without checking on the ingredients and beware that sugar is also referred with other names;
- Lack of sleep increases your craving for sweet food. As such, have proper sleep every day;
- Switch to multigrain or whole grain bread. [People Also Like: Want to Reduce Weight? Take Longer Lunches!]
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.