Several studies show that taking omega-3 diet helps in easing hunger.
Omega-3 fatty acid contained food items like fish and flaxseed, chia and walnuts seeds have the ability to control hunger pangs.
Omega-3 fatty acids mainly consist of three fats including;
- Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA)
- Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)
- Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA)
Fish oils contain EDHA, DHA, and vegetable oils, walnuts, and flaxseed contain¬ ALA.
All these acids play an important role in the cognitive function, normal development, and growth of a human body.
Including Omega-3 fatty foods in the daily diet also increases the serotonin levels in the body.
Serotonin is an important brain chemical which takes down the food cravings and makes the stomach feel full without eating too much.
The diet also helps in balancing insulin sensitivity in people suffering from diabetes.
What is Omega-3 Fatty Acids?
Omega‚ąí3 fatty acids are also known as polyunsaturated fatty acids mostly found in foods such as salmon.
The fatty acids usually help in reducing circulatory problems, the risk of coronary heart disease, and blood pressure.
Top 10 Best Omega-3 Food:
Top 10 best omega-3 food are as follow;
- Tofu is also known as bean curd, a food cultivated by coagulating of soy milk and later pressing, which results in curds into soft white blocks.
- It has a subtle flavor which is mainly used in sweet and savory dishes.
- It has a low-calorie count and has large amounts of protein.
- Spinach is rich in vitamin E, betaine, and choline.
- A recent study suggests that these compounds in the leaf membranes are known as thylakoids that may also serve as powerful appetite suppressants.
- A study shows that intake of high-fat products like cheese could help in reducing the risk of obesity.
- Cheese contains butyrate that helps in improving fat metabolism.
- Beans contain belly-fat-fighting fibers.
- Beans are also satiating protein and have minerals and vitamins.
- Salmon is one of the high-quality protein contain food with a variety of nutrients, including magnesium, potassium, B-vitamins, and selenium.
- Studies reveal that regularly eat fatty fish such as salmon, have a lower risk of diseases like dementia, heart disease, and depression. People Also Like:¬ 10 Reasons Why You Should Be Eating Fish
The beef contains a high amount of omega-3s.
- The fish contain a high amount of omega-3.
- The fish also contains vitamin A, calcium, and potassium.
- A study published in the periodical “Food Chemistry Journal,” reveals that anchovies yields eight times much calcium and iron as the cleaned-up boneless option.
Cod Liver Oil:
- Cod liver oil is mainly a supplement than a food.
- The oil is extracted from the livers of codfish.
- The oil is high in omega-3 fatty acids as well as contain vitamin D and vitamin A.
- Ground mustard provides approximately 100 milligrams of omega-3s with fat-burning potential.
- It also helps in boosting metabolism.
- It contains isothiocyanates that provide benefits in weight loss.
- Flaxseeds are whole food source of the omega-3 fat known as alpha-linolenic acid (ALA).
- Its oil is often used as an omega-3 supplement.
- Flaxseeds are also high in fiber, magnesium, vitamin E and other nutrients. [People Also Like:¬ Top 10 Super Seeds For Better Health]
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.