People Also Read:Â 11 Foods That Help You Stay Hydrated
Other benefits of the foods include building stronger bones and reducing muscle wasting or spasms.
A study published in the periodical “Journal of Environmental Health,” reveals that balancing your bodyâ€™s hydrogen ion concentration (pH) through an alkaline food or diet, helpful in reducing mortality and morbidity
It is also helpful in many chronic diseases and ailments such as diabetes, hypertension, arthritis, and low bone density.
List of Vegetables, Fruits, and Grains Comes Under Alkaline Foods:
- Beet greens
- Sweet Potato
- Fresh Coconut
Benefits of Alkaline Foods or Diet:
Eating foods that are more alkaline in nature are health-promoting. Eating high alkaline foods simply means a person is eating more of specific foods to help prevent his/her blood from becoming too acidic.
People Also Read:Â Omega 3 Rich Foods & Benefits
There are several benefits of alkaline foods or diet including;
- Eating broccoli helps in decreasing the risk of obesity, heart disease, diabetes, and overall mortality.
- It also promotes a healthy hair and complexion, increased energy, and lower weight.
- Beet greens have a bitter quality that helps in stimulating bile production to help better digest fats.
- They are mainly used in salads, soups or smoothies.
- Spinach is high alkaline food that provides benefits to bone health due to the calcium it contains.
- It also included in cleansing and anti-cancer juicing protocols.
- Kale contains iron, vitamin K, calcium helps in protecting against many types of cancers.
- Kale is used in the forms of smoothie, salads, and soups.
- Kiwi contains the plethora of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
- It is the source of fiber that helps in improving digestion, and potassium for muscle function.
- Sweet potato contains fiber, vitamins, and minerals that are helpful for the overall health of the body.
- The food provides energy to the body.
- Cauliflower is an alkaline food that helps in hormone rebalancing when estrogen hormone levels are too high in the body.
- The food contains nutrient known as Indole-3-Carbinol that helps in regulating estrogen levels in the body.
Problem Associated with Being Too Acidic:
There are also health problems that are associated with taking or consuming too acidic food such as;
- Low energy
- Anxiety and depression
- Frequent headaches
- Frequent colds
- Brain fog or confusion
- Joint pain
- Muscle weakness
- Digestive issues like bloating [People Also Read:Â Health Benefits of Paleolithic Dietâ€¬â€¬]
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.