Frequent handwashing is a simple and easy way to maintain hygiene and protect yourself from many diseases like infections and flu. So, here are some handwashing tips for you Which help you keep away from such diseases.
(People Also Like To Read:Â Do You Know What Causes Dehydration Due to Diarrheal Diseases?)
When You Should Wash Your Hands?
You Should wash your hand often, especially through these below mention times when you are most likely to spread and get germs:
- Before, during, and after cooking food
- Before and after taking care of someone who is unwell
- After blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- Before and after treating a cut or wound
- After changing diapers or cleaning up a child who has used the toilet
- After touching an animal, animal feed, or animal waste
- After touching garbage.
(You Might Also Like To Read:Â Childcare for School Going Kids in the Winter Season: Tips and Symptoms)
5 Doâ€™s for Handwashing
- Â DOÂ wet your hands completely under clean running water, it may be warm or cold.
- DOÂ Apply gentle soaps to wash your hands and work into a foam, rub your hands together for minimum 20 seconds. Together, the soap and The friction created by rubbing and soap together, remove the dirt and germs.
- DOÂ Cover all surfaces of the hands, including the wrists, front, and back, under fingernails and between fingers.
- DOÂ Keep your forearms and hands and lower than the elbows to stop water flowing from the most polluted area to the least polluted area.
- DOÂ Dry your hands completely with an air dryer or clean paper towel. Turn off the water faucet using the towel. To avoid cracking your skin, pat rather than rub hands when drying.
5 Donâ€™ts for Handwashing
- Â DONâ€™T wash your hand with hot water. Hot water has not been proven to remove more germs and became a cause of cracked skin, making it more likely to bacteria.
- DONâ€™T allow water to run over hands while rubbing. This cleans soap away and makes handwashing less effective.
- DONâ€™T touch the wash basin’s surface after washing your hands. It is polluted with microbes.
- DONâ€™T spend some additional money on antibacterial soap. Antibacterial soaps are no more successful at killing germs than normal soap, and may even promote the development of resistant bacteria.
- DONâ€™T avoid washing your hand if soap and running water are not available. Instead, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
Well, so we discussed here handwashing tips and Do’s and Don’ts related to handwashing. Handwashing is necessary to get free from germs which can harm you and can make you ill. So, wash your hand frequently and properly to maintain hygiene.
(People Also Like To Read:Â Most Common Types of Sexually Transmitted Diseases: Symptoms and Prevention)
GoMedii is All-in-One integrated Technology platform which helps to better manage chronic illnesses, prescription management & creates a continuum of care with a patient-centric approach under the supervision of Doctor & healthcare experts. The Technology platform enables various stakeholders (Patients, Doctor, Pharmacy, Diagnostics, Healthcare experts) to work as a unit for a better patient outcome with 1 stop solution of medicines, lab services, nutrition advice & products, Lifestyle coaching, and clinical counseling. GoMedii platform also enables the Doctor to overview a larger section of his patients.
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a complete healthcare marketplace, where you can Book Appointment With Doctors, Get Online Consultation, Order Medicines Online, and Get hassle-free doorstep delivery within 4 hours. You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.