Have you ever thought that why your hairs are falling out? Yeah, hair loss is so common nowadays for men, women, or even children, it has several reasons like your diet, lifestyle, pollution, and many more…
It is also known as alopecia in which you lose up to 100 hairs from your scalp every day. That’s normal, and can be seen in most people.
Usually, those hairs grow back. Probably, you can also lose your hair if you have certain diseases like thyroid problems, lupus, or diabetes. There are several treatments available for hair loss such as some medications, hair replacements, and hair restoration.
(People Also Like To Read:¬ A Brief Guide On How To Prepare For Medical Emergencies)
Facts Related to Hair Loss:
- It is a very common condition that affects most people at some time in their lives.
- Androgenetic hair loss is seen in both women and men but more in men.
- Some of the common causes of the hair loss are protein deficiency, thyroid disease, anemia, low vitamin levels, and chemotherapy.
- Alopecia areata is produced by the autoimmune destruction of hair follicles.
- There are also some medications for hair regrowth.
- Prevention of hair loss can be done through a good hair hygiene, having good nutrition, and regular shampooing.
- Medical health screening for the loss can be done through blood tests like complete blood count (CBC), vitamin B, thyroid function tests (TFT), iron level, and a biopsy of the scalp.
What are the Causes of Hair Loss?
There are several causes of or reasons for alopecia including;
- Physical stress
- Too much vitamin A
- Lack of protein
- Male pattern baldness
- Female hormones
- Emotional stress
- Vitamin B deficiency
- Autoimmune-related hair loss
- Dramatic weight loss
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Certain medicines such as antidepressants, blood thinners, and more
- Overstyling of hairs
- Anabolic steroids
(You Might Also Like To Read:¬ What is Vaginal Dryness: Its Symptoms, Causes, and Treatments)
What are the Preventions of Hair Loss?
Although a person can’t reverse natural balding but can protect the hairs from damage that may eventually lead to thinning and falling.
Numerous people take tremendous stress on their hair. Excess using of hair dryers, hair dyes, hot curlers, chemical-laden cosmetics, and permanents and hair straightening products may cause dry and brittle hair.
Following are some tips on how you can prevent alopecia including;
- Go natural- Always try to keep your hairs in natural form like keep them in natural color and texture.
- Choose products wisely- Always choose your hair product wisely according to your hair texture.
- Brush properly- Proper hair brushing can make the condition of your hair better.
What are the Treatments for Hair Loss?
Since many hair remedies promise to restore hair, but you can actually do little more for your thin hair to reverse the process. After hair loss from surgical or drug treatments, several people turn to hairpieces, wigs, and hair weaving.
Certain drugs or medicines may also help in slowing the loss, and other alternative treatments may bolster the health of remaining hair, but there is no treatment to replace a full head of hair.
Following are some hair loss treatments:
- Certain medicines such as Rogaine, Propecia, and Spironolactone that help in restoring hair.
- Hair transplantation is the process in which the plugs of skin from parts of the scalp containing active hair follicles are relocated to bald areas.
- There are some office and home-based laser comb devices which help in stimulating new hair growth.
Hair loss is normal nowadays which can be due to several reasons that are simple and temporary as a vitamin deficiency or any other underlying health condition. But having proper lifestyle can improve the situation.
(People Also Like To Read:¬ Alzheimer‚Äôs Disease: Symptoms, Causes, Stages, and Treatment)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.