What are the common symptoms of allergies?
Allergy is a reaction in which a person’s immune system reacts to substances that do not bother most people in the environment or we can say it is a condition in which immune system reacts abnormally to a foreign substance.
You Might Also Read: Precautions At Home If You Have Dust Allergy
Types of allergies:
- Drug allergy- An abnormal reaction to medication by the immune system.
- Food allergies- Unpleasant immune system reaction after food is taken.
- Seasonal allergies- Allergic response in seasons, causing sneezing, itchy, and watery eyes.
- Animal allergy- An abnormal immune system reaction against proteins present in animals’ skin cell, saliva or urine.
- Allergic asthma- Asthma due to exposure to the same substances having allergy symptoms.
- Mold allergy- An abnormal allergic reaction to mold spores.
Symptoms of allergies:
Its symptoms occur when a person’s immune system overreacts to an environmental thing that is harmless to others but react to sensitive people. If a person has come in contact with something which he or she is allergic, then the immune system of that person considered it as dangerous and immediately releases a chemical ‘histamine.’
Histamine causes several varieties of symptoms such as running nose, swelling, skin rash, headache, nausea, and diarrhea. It also has severe reaction known as ‘anaphylaxis’.
People Also Like to Read: Symptoms of Work-Related Stress
Medications used for treating allergies:
There are several types of medications available for the treatment of symptoms of allergies including antihistamines, decongestants, corticosteroids and combination drugs.
- Antihistamines- It is an effective medication, especially used for hay fever and can be taken as a liquid, pills, nasal spray, and eye drop. Its common side-effects are dry mouth, constipation, and dizziness.
- Desloratadine or Clarinex is a medication taken by mouth and Azelastine nasal is a prescript nasal antihistamine spray. Its common side-effects are muscle pain, drowsiness, nausea, and diarrhea.
- Decongestants are used for allergy relief by cleaning stuffy nose and sinus congestion. Its common side-effects are nervousness, restlessness, headache and dry mouth.
- Corticosteroids are used to relieve symptoms such as inflammation that helps allergen. Its common side-effects are an unpleasant smell in the nose, nosebleeds and nasal irritation.
It is a type of antigens that produces an abnormal immune response during the fight of the immune system against threats and these types of reactions are known as allergies. Allergens are capable of stimulating type 1 hypersensitivity reaction through immunoglobulin E in atopic individuals.
Types of allergens:
- Animal products
- Insect Stings
- Mold Spores
- Fungal allergens
Allergies are the reactions in which a person’s immune system reacts to substances that do not bother most people in the environment. There are several medications used for the treatment of allergies.
You Might Also Read: 6 Amazing Home Remedies to Treat Wheezing
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.