Aloe Vera is widely used in beauty products and for good reason. Several benefits of aloe vera plant include the presence of antiviral and antibacterial properties that help with constipation and diabetes.
(People Also Like: Sources of Plant Proteins)
The green cactus plant that is in our garden is not only a plant but it has benefits ranging from beauty creams to healthy juices and dietary supplements.
The aloe vera plant is about one to two feet tall with thorny, bitter leaves that serve as a defense to keep animals and insects from eating the plant.
The leaves contain a translucent and tacky gel that is also extremely bitter and known around the world for its incredible healing properties.
This clear gel is made up of about 96% water, organic and inorganic compounds, a type of protein that contains 18 of the 20 amino acids found in the body, and vitamin A, B, C, and E.
One of the key elements of Aloe Vera Gel is a complex carbohydrate called Acemannan.
It allows nutrients to reach cells, feed them and at the same time rid them of toxins. Ayurveda, Chinese medicine, and herbal medicine have recommended British Aloe Vera as a healer when they are administered orally or consumed.
Benefits of Aloe Vera Plant:
Healthy Plant Compounds:
- Aloe Vera is a thick plant with short pedicel that stores water in its leaves.
- It is widely used in the cosmetics, pharmaceutical and food industries.
- Aloe vera is known for its thick, pointed and fleshy leaves, which can reach 30 to 19 cm long.
- Each leaf is filled with a viscous tissue that stores the water, making the leaves thick. This vicious and water-filled fabric is the “gel,” associate with aloe vera products.
- The gel contains the most bioactive compounds in the plant, including vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and antioxidants.
(People Also Read: Health Benefits of Water – Why is it Important to Drink a Lot of Water?)
Has Antibacterial and Antioxidant Properties:
- Antioxidants are important for gums and health.
- Aloe vera gel contains important antioxidants, which belong to substances known as polyphenols.
- The polyphenols present in the plant, along with several other compounds, can help restrain the growth of certain bacteria that can cause infections.
Stimulates the Healing of Burns:
- Aloe vera is most commonly used as a defined medication, rubbed onto the skin rather than eaten.
- It can be used for the treatment of sores, especially burns, including sunburns.
- Several studies suggest that it is an effective topical treatment for first- and second-degree burns.
- Aloe vera could reduce the healing time of burns by around 8-9 days compared to conventional medication.
- Aloe vera also helps in healing other types of wounds.
Helps in Treating Mouth Ulcers, or Canker Sores:
- Mouth ulcers or canker sores are usually underneath the lip or inside the mouth.
- Several studies have shown that the aloe vera treatment can stimulate the healing of mouth ulcers.
- Aloe vera patch applied to the area was effective in decreasing the size of the ulcers.
- Aloe vera gel not only stimulate the healing of mouth ulcers, it also helps in reducing the pain associated with them.
(People Also Read: This Is What Your Body’s Trying To Tell You About Vitamin B12 Deficiency)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a complete healthcare marketplace, where you can Book Appointment With Doctors, Get Online Consultation, Order Medicines Online, and Get hassle-free doorstep delivery within 4 hours. You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.