What is Arthritis?
It is an autoimmune disorder, which results in chronic inflammation of one or more of your joints. Treatment is limited to reduction of symptoms and providing a better quality of life. People Also Read: Healthy Habits to Improve Your Life
Signs and Symptoms of Arthritis
- Fatigue: The most common and the very first symptom of Arthritis. Fatigue shows up before any other symptom is noticed. This fatigue is usually accompanied by a feeling of ill health and sometimes depression as well.
- Joint Pain: Since the disease damages the joints, cartilage, bones, and ligaments, which results in intense pain during movement of the affected joints. The most common areas of pain are fingers, wrists, knees, etc. People Also Like: Exercise For Knee Pain
- Joint Swelling: Swelling of joints is also a common symptom of Arthritis. Sometimes this swelling is apparent but sometimes it is hard to tell. Usually, your joints will appear bigger than normal. However, if you are suffering from Arthritis, which has caused swelling of joints, you can easily tell whether there is swelling or not. Swelling of fingers will result in your finger rings becoming tight and hard to remove.
- The decrease in Range of Motion: With the progress of disease swelling of joints cause tendons and ligaments become inflamed. This interferes with the complete motion of the joints as the range of the motion is limited by the swelling of the joint. As the disease progresses the range of the motion may get permanently reduced also.
- Fever: A low fever may also be considered as an early warning sign for Arthritis. This is accompanied by the joint pain and swelling. This is mainly caused when the disease is actively causing inflammation. This fever goes when you start treatment for inflammation of your joints.
Some other common symptoms of Arthritis are:
- Joint warmth
- Joint stiffness
- Numbness and tingling
- General weakness and feeling of malaise
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss [People Also Read: Want to Reduce Weight? Take Longer Lunches!]
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a complete healthcare marketplace, where you can Book Appointment With Doctors, Get Online Consultation, Order Medicines Online, and Get hassle-free doorstep delivery within 4 hours. You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.