What is Knee Pain?
Knee pain is a common problem that can arise in any of the bony structures compromising the knee joint (femur, tibia, fibula), the ligaments and cartilage (meniscus), or the kneecap (patella) of the knee.
People Also Read:Â Exercise For Knee Pain
Knee pain can be complicated by exercise, changed by the surrounding muscles and their movements, and be triggered by other problems like a foot injury.
Knee pain can affect people of all ages, and home remedies can be helpful for treating knee pain unless it becomes severe.
Facts Related to Knee Pain:
- It is the common problem with many causes such as acute injuries and complications of medical conditions.
- Knee pain can be localized to a specific area or be diffuse throughout the knee.
- The condition is often characterized by physical restriction.
- Physical examination of the problem is usually a diagnosis of knee pain.
- The treatment of knee pain depends on its underlying cause.
- The prognosis of knee pain is good although a person with knee problem might require surgery or other interventions.
Symptoms and Signs of Knee Pain:
The location of the knee pain can vary depending on the involvement of the particular structure of the knee. Besides infection or an inflammatory process, the whole knee can be painful and swollen. A Baker cyst is usually causing pain in the back of the knee.
People Also Read:Â 5 Best Alternate Therapies for Backache
Some of the other symptoms and signs that characterize knee pain are;
- Difficulty walking, which is due to the instability of the knee.
- Limping is due to discomfort.
- A person with knee pain feels difficulty walking up or down steps due to the damage of ligament.
- Knee locking.
- Redness and swelling of the knee.
- Failure to extend the knee.
Causes of Knee Pain:
The problem is mainly divided into three major categories;
Acute injury: like a broken bone, meniscal tear, or torn ligament.
Medical conditions: such as infections and arthritis.
Chronic use/overuse conditions include osteoarthritis, tendinitis, patellar syndromes, and bursitis.
Exercises for Knee Pain:
- The best exercise for knee pain is strengthening the muscles that support the knee and keeping them flexible.
- Using or riding a stationary bike for about 5 minutes then taking 2-minute walk followed by 15-20 wall push-ups.
- Simple strengthening exercise for knee pain like straight leg raises.
- Hamstring curls.
- Prone straight leg raises.
- Wall squats.
- Calf raises.
- Side leg raises.
- Leg presses.
- Knee-friendly cardio such as running or intense aerobics. [People Also Like:Â 5 Best Workplace Exercise to Fight Fatigue]
GoMedii is All-in-One integrated Technology platform which helps to better manage chronic illnesses, prescription management & creates a continuum of care with a patient-centric approach under the supervision of Doctor & healthcare experts. The Technology platform enables various stakeholders (Patients, Doctor, Pharmacy, Diagnostics, Healthcare experts) to work as a unit for a better patient outcome with 1 stop solution of medicines, lab services, nutrition advice & products, Lifestyle coaching, and clinical counseling. GoMedii platform also enables the Doctor to overview a larger section of his patients.
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a complete healthcare marketplace, where you can Book Appointment With Doctors, Get Online Consultation, Order Medicines Online, and Get hassle-free doorstep delivery within 4 hours. You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.