There are several negative health effects of skipping breakfast including weight gain, osteoporosis, heart disease, irritability or mood swings, menstrual irregularity, low memory, low energy levels and hormonal stress.
The wise saying, “Breakfast is the typical important meal of the day” has been spoken by several mothers throughout the ages.
People Also Read: Want to Reduce Weight? Take Longer Lunches!
It has been murmured in the ears of children on early-to-rise mornings for centuries that have breakfast is so important in recent years.
Several experts report that people who eat breakfast are less likely to overeat the rest of the day.
But some studies reveal that fasting for longer overnight periods can actually help people with losing weight.
A study appeared in the periodical “American Journal of Clinical Nutrition,” which shows that skipping breakfast may increase dangerous inflammation in the body followed by insulin sensitivity.
Negative Health Effects Of Skipping Breakfast:
Bad For the Heart:
- People who skip breakfast have more chances of supporting heart attack as compared to those who eat breakfast.
- People who avoid breakfast are more likely increased susceptibility to hypertension that results in clogging of arteries.
People Also Like: Signs of Heart Disease in Women
Higher Risk Of Type-2 Diabetes:
- A study by the Harvard University School of Public Health, reveals that correlation between health and eating habits.
- Women who had the habit of avoiding or skipping breakfast are at a higher risk of developing Type-2 diabetes than who had their daily breakfast.
Negative Impact On Mood And Energy Levels:
According to a study by the periodical “Physiological Behavior,” have negative impacts on mood and energy.
Risk Of Cancer:
Skipping breakfast enhance obesity, so obese or overweight has an increased risk of developing cancer.
Missing morning meal had higher chances of gaining weight, but constant practice of skipping breakfast leads to weight gain and not weight loss.
- A major side effect of skipping breakfast is hair loss.
- A meal that has low levels of protein can affect the levels of keratin.
- Protein-rich breakfast helps in lush, strong hair with zero hair fall.
Skipping breakfast result in low metabolism, thus according to several studies on the importance of breakfast, people who eat breakfast have a higher level of metabolism.
Physical Side Effects:
According to the National Institutes of Health, not eating breakfast increases the risk of low blood sugar or hypoglycemia. The physical symptoms include shakiness, weakness, dizziness, headaches, tingling, and rapid heart rate.
People Also Like: Should I Stop Eating Sugar Completely?
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.