Colon cancer is the third major cause of cancer-related deaths all over the world in both men and women. Most of the cancers in the colon develop from polyps, which are growths that form within the inner lining of the colon. As today we are talking about signs of colon cancer. This cancer develops in the large intestine.
(People Also Like To Read:8 Amazing Health Benefits of Black Coffee)
Cancer is a disease when abnormal cells divide uncontrollably and destroy body tissues. Cancer can be started almost anywhere in the human body.¬ The cells become more and more abnormal, old damaged cells survive when they should die, and new cells form when they are not needed. These extra cells can divide without stopping and may form growths called tumors. It can be brain cancer, mouth cancer, liver cancer, colon cancer, breast cancer etc.
What is Colon Cancer?
Colon cancer is also known as colorectal cancer. It happens when tumor growth develops in the large intestine. In most cases,¬ colon cancer begins as small, like a tiny ball but noncancerous (benign) clumps of cells called adenomatous polyps. Some of these polyps may later become colon cancer.
What are The Signs of Colon Cancer?
There are few signs of colon cancer:
4. Blood in your stool
5. Abdominal pain, cramps, and¬ gas
What are the Stages of Colon Cancer?
There are 4 stages of colon cancer :
Stage 1. Colon cancer grew through the superficial lining of the colon or rectum but hasn’t spread beyond the colon wall or rectum.
Stage 2. Colon cancer grew through the wall of the colon or rectum but hasn’t spread to nearby lymph nodes.
Stage 3. Cancer is invaded nearby lymph nodes but isn’t affecting other parts of your body.
Stage 4. Colon cancer spread to distant sites, such as other organs, for instance, to your liver or lung.
What are the causes of colon cancer?
- In most of the cases, it’s not clear that what causes colon cancer. Basically, doctors know that colon cancer appears when healthy cells in the colon develop errors in their genetic blueprint, DNA (Deoxyribonucleic Acid).
- Healthy cells grow and divide in an orderly way to keep your body functioning normally. But when a cell’s DNA is damaged and becomes cancerous, cells continue to divide even when new cells aren’t needed. They form a tumor.
(You Might Also Like To Read:¬ Overview of Kidney Stone: Expert‚Äôs Voice)
What are the Risk Factors of Colon Cancer?
These are the risk factors of colon cancer:
1. Old age- The majority of people diagnosed with colon cancer are older than 50. Colon cancer germs can easily enter to younger people.
2.Obesity- People who are overweight have an increased risk of colon cancer and an increased risk of dying of colon cancer when compared with people considered normal weight.
4.Smoking- People who smoke may have an increased risk of colon cancer. It is a hard habit to break because tobacco contains nicotine, which is highly addictive.
5.Alcohol- Heavy use of alcohol increases your risk of colon cancer. It is a depressant drug, which means it slows down the messages traveling between the brain and the body.
6. Low fiber and high-fat diet – Colon cancer and rectal cancer may be associated with a diet low in fiber and high in fat and calories.
7. Radiation Therapy – Radiation therapy directed at the abdomen to treat previous cancers increases the risk of colon and rectal cancer.
8. The family history of cancer- You’re more likely to develop colon cancer if you have a parent, sibling or child with the disease. If more than one family member has colon cancer or rectal cancer, your risk is even greater.
9. Lifestyle – If you’re inactive,you’re more likely to develop colon cancer. Doing regular physical activity may reduce your risk of colon cancer.
What is the Best Treatment for Colon Cancer?
These are few and best ways to cure your colon cancer:
1. Eat healthy food, fresh fruits, green vegetables, and whole grains containing vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants, it may play a role in cancer treatment.
2. Drinking alcohol is risky if you choose to drink alcohol you should know the limit and the amount of alcohol you drink does not take more than one drink a day for women and men as well.
3. Stop smoking,¬ Smoking is injurious to your health, Consult your doctor about ways to quit that may work for you.
4. Exercise, yoga, and meditation would help too. Do at least 20- 30 minutes of exercise daily, meditation and yoga as well. Start as soon as possible to build some stamina. Consult a doctor before starting any physical activity.
5. Maintain a healthy weight, have a healthy diet like- fresh fruits, green vegetables, and most important daily exercise. If you want to lose weight, ask your doctor about healthy ways to achieve your goal. Keep in mind to maintain a healthy weight,¬ by increasing the amount of exercise and yoga.
As we have¬ discussed here, signs of colon cancer its stages, symptoms, risk factors and treatment as well. The only way to cure colon cancer by the surgery or methods which your doctor will suggest you according to your stage of cancer.
(People Also Like To Read:¬ Hypertensive Heart Disease: Types, Symptoms, and Treatment)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.