Piles are also known as Haemorrhoids, It occurs when the swellings containing enlarged blood vessels found inside or around the bottom (the rectum and anus). It is very dangerous for the human body as well. Hemorrhoids have a range of sizes, and they may be internal or external.
(People Also Like To Read:¬ Diet or Exercise! Do You Know the Importance?)
Internal hemorrhoids are normally located between 2 and 4¬ (cm) the opening of the anus, and they are the more common type. External hemorrhoids occur on the outside edge of the anus.
What is Piles?
Piles are swellings or swollen hemorrhoids which appear inside and around the anus, and along the anal canal. Hemorrhoids are masses, clumps, cushions of tissue full of blood vessels, support tissue, muscle and elastic fibers in the anal canal.
When the hemorrhoids guarding the anal passage it becomes too big due to inflammation, so that the vein walls become stretched, thin, and irritated by passing bowel movements, That is why hemorrhoids develop.
What are the Stages of Piles?
It can be major in grades:
Grade I– In this grade there are small inflammations, usually inside the lining of the anus. They are not visible.
Grade II – In this grade hemorrhoids are larger than grade I pile but also remain inside the anus. They may get pushed out during the passing of stool, but they will return unaided.
Grade III – In this grade the prolapsed hemorrhoids, and appear outside the anus. The individual may feel them hanging from the rectum, but they can be easily re-inserted.
Grade IV – These cannot be pushed back in and need treatment. It is large and remains outside of the anus.
What are the Symptoms of Piles?
There are some symptoms of hemorrhoids:
1. Pain occurs during the passing of a stool.
2. A hard, possibly painful lump felt around the anus. It may contain coagulated blood. Hemorrhoids which contain blood are called thrombosed external hemorrhoids.
3. After passing a stool, a person with hemorrhoids may experience the feeling that the bowels are still full.
4. Bright red blood is visible after a bowel movement.
5. The area around the anus is itchy, red, and sore.
6. Hemorrhoids can escalate into a more severe condition.
7. Excessive anal bleeding, also possibly leading to anemia infection
(You Might Also Like To Read:¬ Does Eating Red Meat Increases the Risk of Cancer?)
What are the Causes of Piles?
There are a few causes of hemorrhoids:
1. Genetic predisposition to hemorrhoids
2. Lack of fiber in the diet
3. Inadequate fluid intake
5. Straining while passing stool
6. Constipation and diarrhea
7. Sitting for long periods of time on the toilet
8. Anal intercourse
10. Constant heavy lifting
11. Being obese
What are the Preventions of Piles?
There are a few preventions of hemorrhoids:
1. The fiber in your diet – Good sources of fiber include fruit, green vegetables, wholegrain rice, whole wheat pasta and bread, pulses and beans, seeds, nuts, and most importantly oats.
2. Drinking plenty of fluid – Particularly water, but avoiding or cutting down on caffeine and alcohol.
3. Not delaying going to the toilet – Ignoring the urge to empty your bowels can make your stools harder and drier, which can lead to straining when you do go to the toilet.
4. Avoiding medication that causes constipation¬ – Such as painkillers which contain codeine.
5. Losing weight – If you’re overweight
How to Treat Piles?
There are some ways to treat hemorrhoids:
In most cases, It resolves on their own without the need for any treatment. These treatments can help significantly reduce the discomfort and itching that many people experience with hemorrhoids.
Piles can appear due to straining during bowel movements. Excessive straining is the result of constipation. A change in diet can help to keep the stools regular. It involves eating more fiber, like- fruit and green vegetables. A doctor also suggests the person with hemorrhoids increases their water consumption. It is best to avoid caffeine.
Losing weight also helps to reduce the incidence and severity of piles. To prevent hemorrhoids, doctors also suggest exercising and avoiding straining to pass stools. Exercising is one of the best therapy for hemorrhoids.
In the above article, we have discussed piles, Its symptoms, stages,¬ causes, preventions, and treatments. The only way to cure is to take proper medications and rest. Eat a healthy diet less intake of chili. If you ever start feeling these symptoms so, consult a doctor as soon as possible.
(People Also Like To Read:¬ Chest Infection: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment & Complications)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.