Migraine is a severe, recurring, and painful headache. It is a neurological problem which can have multiple symptoms. It’s frequently characterized by debilitating, and intense headaches. The common symptoms may include vomiting, nausea, difficulty speaking, numbness or tingling, and sensitivity to sound and light. It usually runs in families and can affect any ages.
(People Also Like To Read: 11 Amazing Benefits of Eating Orange Seeds)
Fast Facts on Migraines:
- People who have a problem can clearly know the factors that cause headaches, like allergies, light, and stress.
- Some people get a warning sign before the start of a headache.
- Painkillers can eliminate pain, and some specific medications can help some people with it.
- People with severe attacks can take some preventive medicines.
What are the Symptoms of Migraine?
Symptoms of this pain can start anytime, sometimes before the headache, during the headache. Well, all migraines are the same. Some general symptoms are:
These symptoms occur before one or two days of the pain, you can consider these as a warning sign:
- Mood changes
- Food cravings
- Neck stiffness
- Increased thirst and urination
- Frequent yawning
This Aura can occur during the pain. These are symptoms of the nervous system. Each of these symptoms generally visualizes by the time, the aura is:
- Visual phenomena
- Vision loss
- Pins and needles sensations in an arm or leg
- Weakness or numbness in the face or one side of the body
- Difficulty speaking
- Hearing noises
- Uncontrollable jerking
Pain usually lasts from 4 hours to 3 days, if not treated properly. The frequency of headaches varies from person to person. During a pain, you can experience these symptoms:
- Pain on both or one side of your head
- Pain that feels pulsing
- Sensitivity to sounds or light
- Nausea and vomiting
- Blurred vision
The final phase of this pain is known as post-drome, it occurs after a pain attack. In this phase you may experience these symptoms:
- Sensitivity to light and sound
(You Might Also Like To Read: Liver Cancer : Symptoms, Causes, Prevention and Treatment)
What are the Causes of Migraine?
Well, the causes of the pain aren’t clearly understood, Some environmental and genetic factors play a role in it.
- Imbalances in brain chemicals
- Lower Serotonin level.
Migraine can Triggers Due To The Following Reasons:
A number of factors may trigger pain, including:
- Foods. like cheeses, salty foods, or processed foods.
- Drinks. Alcohol, wine, or highly caffeinated beverages can also trigger it.
- Stress at workplace or home can trigger it.
- Changes in a wake-sleep pattern.
- Changes in the environment.
What are the Risk Factors?
Several factors can increase the risk of having the disease, including:
- Family history. If you have a family history, then you are prone to developing this disease.
- Age. It tends on the peak during your 30s and gradually become less frequent and severe in later decades.
- Sex. Women are three times more likely to have this pain.
- Hormonal changes. In the woman it occurs, just before or just after the menstruation.
A migraine is a neurological disorder that disturbs and unbalances the happy lifestyle of a person. So, you can prevent it by regular exercises, routine sleeping, and consumption of a healthy diet must be taken by everyone. Also, a person gets a warning sign just after the attack, as an early symptom of a migraine. so it’s better to cure it in early stages.
(People Also Like To Read: Hematuria :Types, Symptoms, Causes & Treatment)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.