Have you ever thought that your gaming interest can become your disorder? Yes, you hared right this disorder is known as gaming disorder.
The idea of video games being addictive is not new, not only children find it awesome to play but adult one also loves to play video games.
According to the World Health Organization, those people who are becoming more obsessed with video gaming ultimately had a negative impact on their lives.
In January 2018, the World Health Organization directed this addiction of gaming under a condition known as gaming disorder. Later on, the Organization released the ICD-11, with gaming disorder which is listed under “disorders due to addictive behaviors.”
(People Also Like To Read:Â Measles Immunization Day 2018)
American Psychological Association reveals that several million grown-ups play these video games, despite this, the percentage of people having the disorder is very low. Most of the affected playersâ€™ ages range from 18 to 50 as well as the male-to-female ratio is almost equal.
The WHOâ€™s official definition of â€śgaming disorderâ€ť includes:
- A pattern of behavior in which gaming is out of control. This pattern of behavior depict an increased priority given to gaming over any other interests and daily activities.
- A continuation or escalation of gaming despite the existence of negative consequences or behavior that affects oneâ€™s interpersonal relationships, study, or work.
What are the Symptoms of Gaming Disorder?
There are several symptoms of gaming disorder including;
- Massive focus on Internet gaming.
- Withdrawal symptoms such as sadness, anxiety, and irritability when Internet gaming is taken away.
- Not being able to play less as well as unsuccessful attempts to quit playing.
- Giving up other activities.
- Continuing to play notwithstanding problems.
- Tolerance to spend more time gaming.
- Deceiving family members or others on Internet gaming.
- Risk of losing a job or relationship due to Internet gaming.
- The use of Internet gaming to relieve negative moods like hopelessness or guilt.
(You Might Also Like To Read:Â 10 Interesting and Easy Ways to Get Rid of a Headache)
What are the Causes of Gaming Disorder?
Well, there are no main causes of gaming disorder but sedentary behavior and obesity can play a role in the disorder. Some parents also blame that technology advancement can also cause the disorder among young children.
It has also been associated with sleep disturbances, poor nutrition, and low fitness levels.
What are the Treatments of Gaming Disorder?
The main treatment for the disorder can be treated with the help of a mental health professional that has experience with impulse-control disorders. Those people who are suffering from the disorder need to do more often physical exercises.
Gaming disorder is generally seen among young children and adult people. It can be treated easily with love and care.
(People Also Like To Read:Â Learn The Truth About Influenza Vaccine In The Next 60 Seconds)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.